Bella Mama Pregnancy Massage workshop will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to give safe, prenatal massage to expectant mothers and postnatal massages to new mothers. While learning the effective methods used to provide relaxing prenatal massage, students will also gain a thorough understanding of how to use these skills to start a new business.
It is vital to understand the difference between prenatal massage (pregnancy massage) and other forms of massage. From the commencement of the course, students learn why prenatal massage is unique. They will also learn when the best time is to start prenatal massage and how to use it.
Our Pregnancy Massage workshop instructs students on the expectant mother’s journey through anatomical and emotional changes. The knowledge will assist students in determining which specific prenatal massage techniques will be most suitable for the individual’s needs. The comparative benefits of prenatal massage and medication are also discussed. After laying a sound base of theoretical knowledge, the course shifts into teaching the practical applications of prenatal massage.
This vital section will teach students:
- Side-Lying Pregnancy massage
- Postnatal Massage
- Labour Massage
- Postnatal Herbal Wrap
- The benefits of each massage technique
- An awareness of other therapies, such as Aromatherapy, Ayurveda and Acupuncture that complement pregnancy massage
- How these alternative therapies can be used in conjunction with prenatal massage for the client’s benefit
- How the combination of therapies can generate extra revenue for your business
- Brief description of some common complication during pregnancy
The remainder of the course provides valuable insight for students on starting a business Students will receive essential advice on:
- how to use booking software to book massages and run other operations in the spa.
- how to correctly set up a therapy room
The course discusses the multitude of ways to market your business to gain and retain clients. It also teaches students:
- operational aspects of running the business,
- additional pregnancy products and services that can be provided
Day 1 – Demonstration of Pregnancy massage and practice training
Day 2 – Demonstration of Postnatal Massages, Labour Massage, Herbal wrap, and practice training.
Day 3 – First Part: Lecture on “Common Complications During Pregnancy” & Client History sheet training.
Second Part: Booking training, Pregnancy Product Training, Spa Operations Training.
Date: Nov 12,19 & 26, 2019 ( Three consecutive Mondays)
Three-day Workshop fee: $900